Monday, June 26, 2006

Wet n' Wild weekend

Sean is SWIMMING!!!


So, obviously I cavesd an went to the lake yesterday, and I am glad I did because Sean decided it was the day he was going to learn to swim!! I started out holding on to him and telling him to "swim like a dog," but he was having none of that yelling at me that "I can teach MY SELF to swim BY MY SELF!" Ok then. So I laid off ...and he wasn't kidding...he CAN teach himself to swim. He would walk out at deep as his neck and doggie padddle to where he could stand...over and over again. He is no pro yet...and if it's anything like the McD's playplace, I will have to remind him next time we go swimming that LAST time he swam and of course he still can...but it's a start!! I have a feeling by the end of our week at Mooshead next week, I will have a whole family that can hold their own if the whole Noah's Ark thing ever goes down ;) Posted by Picasa


We also got the kids a Slip n' Slide...which Rick and I are calling the 'Slip n' Fall'...what a fiasco. For real. I thought they would have a blast with that. All I had as a kid was the white trash version of trash bags duct taped together with a garden hose laying on the top. We get it all set up and Sean goes first. He runs all the way down the thing as we are screaming "SLIDE ON YOUR BELLY!!!" and then slips and falls backwards and starts crying. Now its Jessi's turn. She gets a good running start, chickens out at the beginning, and instead of diving on her belly, she goes down on her knees and SHE starts crying. Rick yells from the porch where he is watching, "WOW HONEY!! This may be the best thing you ever bought them!! It had 'em both crying in less than 5 minutes! Way to go!" So both kids run into the house crying and yelling, "I HATE THAT THING!" "TAKE IT BACK!" "I AM NEVER TRYING IT AGAIN!" Good times. About an hour later they went back out and still won't slide on it, but had fun getting wet and playing in the sprinklers that are all over it...so I guess it was worth the $6.97 ;)

No comments: