Friday, June 16, 2006

How is is possible that _I_ have a daughter that is reading "Are You there God? It's Me Margaret?" When I see her I still see my precious little curly haired blonde 3 year old. I see her sitting on the couch reading books and studying her 'hooked on phonics' cards....determined to learn to read. Which she did...and was reading before she started kindergarten. I see my little girl always willing and ready to be dragged along on any road trip her fairy godmother Nicole and I had the whim to take. That same determined little girl, while always up for adventure....was a bit of a chicken ;) There were many more than 1 time that I found myself climbing up into the McDonald's Playplace to retrieve a screaming, terrified Jessi.

I can't believe how time has flown. She is now a full blown TWEEN!! Mood swings included. She is on the phone constantly. The phone starts ringing at 700am with friends calling her to plan their outfits for the day. She spends her allowance on teen magazines, make-up and clothes. She doesn't even ask anymore to look at the toys when we go to walmart. My jaw dropped to the floor last week when she asked if she could start SHAVING! (She's jumping the gun on that one a bit...lol...and was quickly denied). It all kind of hit me when we went to the library for storytime yesterday. She wanted to check out 'Are you there god....' and while my initial reaction was NO WAY...I read the description and the book is about a girl her age....going thru all the same things...and COMPLETELY AGE APPROPRIATE! So I guess it's time to face reality. My little girl is growing up. Damn I really need that puppy. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mindy said...

She is a beauty!! love the shaving part.... too funny!! :D

Nicole said...

Ok, you made me cry. I miss our little Jessi!! I can't believe she is a Tween!! That book is great, I read that and all those kind of books.