Friday, October 13, 2006

Bye Bye Butterflies

We finally got to see some action! This morning we watched our last butterfly emerge and 'inflate' it's wings...it's kinda gross...yet really cool and beautiful all at the same time.

This afternoon was perfect weather to release them. The boy flew right away with the breeze, the girl (that just just emerged this morning) hung out with us for a bit.



This is where we left her out in our meadow...far enough out of the way that she won't be Cooper's afternoon snack ;)

So the Butterfly Project is over! It was very cool, Sean learned a lot and Jessi had a great time teaching us all that she has learned at school about butterflies. As cool as it was...I can't imagine always having all kinds of these projects going as I imagine homeschool moms do. I don't get paid NEARLY enough....lol!!

 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That is SO neat!!! Lucky kids to have such a cool mom!!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are absolutely touching - especially the last one, both of your kids wide-eyed over nature! Bravo!!

Mindy said...

very, very cool!! I agree with Nicole!!