Monday, October 23, 2006

It's a BEEEE-EEEE-UUUUU-TIFUL Day!!

Yes it's pouring rain. Yes it's dark and dismal. But it's a PERFECT day to recover from a VERY busy weekend!! My ears are STILL ringing from the Dierks Bentley concert. They have GOT to build a new auditorium with decent acoustics!

Weekend in review....

Saturday--Up early to help kids get their Saturday chores done. I don't usually help them as the whole point of having chores is to learn responsibility, but Jessi had to be at a Bangor friend's house by 930 as she was going to a wedding with them that was 2 hours away. After Sean and I dropped Jessi off we headed back home to do some more housework. In between chores I mananged to scrap some scrapping in. Just HAD to play with all my great new stuff!! Before we knew it Rick was walking through the door and we had to get Sean over to Uncle Tim's for his sleepover. Then we went to dinner at a Chinese place we had never been to...we were EXTREMELY pleasantly suprised...it may be our new 2nd fav! (Our first will ALWAYS be Panda Garden :) ) I had a REALLY strong...REALLY nasty drink that had me REALLY buzzed when we headed over to the concert...It *looked* really pretty tho ;) The concert was GREAT! We had FANTASTIC seats right at eye level with the stage! AND...we didn't know this...but since we won the tickets on the radio...we also got to go backstage and meet all the preformers!! Rick hit it off right away with one of the guys from the opening band since they were both Vikings fans...so after the show we got to go to the after party and hang out with Dierks Bentley and crew!! Dierks is SO nice!! He said he wished we could all go on tour with him cuz we KNOW how to party :) ROFL....ok....forgot who I was for a second.... ignore the everything after the word 'stage.' ROFL....Actually...we just went home after the concert with intentions to have some drinks and fun...but were both exhausted an had 1 drink and went to bed...lol.

Sunday Tim and Kristie brought Sean home and hung out for the morning for some chit-chat and coffee. Then I had to quickly get dressed because Jessi called ready to be picked up and Nicole called right after that wanting to take Jessi and I out to lunch for Jessi's birthday and then do a little birthday shopping. Jessi had her heart set on a vest (the girl has a passion for fashion...lol) So we went to about 43 stores to find her the *perfect* one! She {hearts} her fairy godmother Nicole :) Of course we had to hit ACMoore too since we were right there ;) I didn't get much, just a couple ink pads for 88 cents and some shrink film for scrapping and projects with the kids. By the time we got home the day was gone!! Rick was still in football mode...so I finished up the layout I had started...then it was time for the Amazing Race! We just Y our reality tv!!  Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey! Didn't Rick also tell you that since it was a once in a life time opportunity you could have sex with Dierks just this one time??? Oh wait, I think I confused you with someone elses blog that tells tall tales all the time!!

Colleen said...

Yeah...it can get confusing I understand. But you are mistaken, Rick made it clear that as Dierks was NOT on my list of 5 that sex was NOT an option...oh well... maybe Johnny Depp will stop by next week to see me... or maybe I will just pretend he did in my blog ....along with some crytic shit that I might have some 'great news' to get everyone to think I am preggo with his baby or some crap like that ;)