Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Preschool Today...Ugh


Sean is NOT doing well with the preschool thing. It's like Kiddie Kamp all over again. The first 2 days he was GREAT...I was able to leave with no major issues...the next week...not-so-much. The first day I wasn't even able to leave as he would throw a HUGE coniption fit even time I told him I was going to leave...so it was easier to just sit quietly in the corner. (which wasn't that bad because it was a short day ...only an hour) The next day I did finally leave after awhile...even though he was having a fit. The 3rd day I was about done with all this BS and talked to the teacher, Mrs. Batty, (the head teacher...not one of the high school kids...lol..that would be silly) and we agreed that from now on I am going to bring him in...kiss and hug and hand him off to Mrs. Batty and leave. Stick a fork in me cuz I AM DONE!!! I don't feel one bit bad about it either. He needs to learn sometime, and when I come to get him, he is happily playing. They say he only pitches a fit for a couple minutes and then is fine. I think a small part of the problem is that their enrollment was so low this year so there are few kids to play with and distract him. One of the little boys that has befriended him is none other than the CHEETO BUTT SPITTER...small world huh? Every day after class Mrs. Batty asks me if I can think of ANYONE else with little kids that could come....and every day I tell her that I already tried with the ones I know of. ;) Sadly, I think the program is doomed with all the school districts starting to have preschool programs. Seems that soon Pre-K will be the new Kindergarten.... which I think is wrong, but I will never have to deal with it so I guess I don't need to bitch about it ;)

Off we go...:::sigh:::

1 comment:

Mindy said...

don't feel bad! He's probably just doing it for your benefit anyway! :) Hope he does better today!