Wednesday, October 04, 2006

TEETH SUCK!!!!!!!

I HATE TEETH!!!!!!! I would say I hate the dentist...but I like my dentist a lot. Today I had an appointment to remove a temporary filling and fill it in with a permenent one. So a'grindin' away he goes and then I hear, "Uh-oh...that's not good" This is something you NEVER WANT TO HEAR your dentist say. So...I guess the temp filling didn't do it's job of making the root pull back enough for a regular filling to be a success. He filled it anyway and gave it a 20% chance of succes with an 80% chance of a root canal and serious pain in my future. Great freaking odds. I seriously could have started bawling right then and there and it took some serious effort not to do so. I realize it doesn't SEEM like THAT big a deal...but when you add the $1300 root canal to the $500 worth of work Sean (thanks to the dentist examing with his eyes and not x-rays or doing sealants when he obviously needed them...and telling me for the past 2-3 years that "His teeth look GREAT, mom, keep up the good work"...then doing x-rays and discovering that he has cavities between his teeth. AND of course...while this was obviously partially thier fault....I'll still need to pay the full amount to fix it...:::deep breath:::: ok rant over) needs done to the THOUSANDS (I am assuming) of dollars of work that Jessi and her braces are about to cost us...all of those figures are AFTER insurance (of course)....you are seeing where the 'Tear Factor' comes in. Adding to it all is my feeling that Rick thinks all this 'tooth stuff' is frivilous and a waste of money. He never outright says it...but...I can tell when he questions why we have to fill Sean's baby teeth if they are just going to fall out anyway. Rick hasn't been to the dentist since he was a kid...and even then NEVER had a cavity. I think he feels like dental care is like plastic surgery or some other medical luxury. Which makes ME feel guilty for having bad teeth and getting them fixed :(

So I drive home from the dentist and am actually able to PASS BY DQ, McD's, KFC....and stop at the grocery store instead to get something yummy to feed my emotional eating need....yet still remain in my daily points range. I did so...and if I do say so myself...I am pretty freakin' impressed with me right now!!!

NEW 'LOST' TONIGHT!!!!! So the day is not a total wash, I guess ;)

No comments: