Saturday, October 07, 2006

I *may* have gone too far...

...but I was grinnin' ear to ear the entire time I was doin' it...lol!! The pic is not great because I really needed to use the flash and by batteries don't have enough juice to make it flash...and I am too impatient to wait until I buy batteries to take a pic :)


Here is a close up of the corners. I started by doing just the corners last night, but the rest of the door looked 'empty' ...so I added the 'doodling.' I also had only stamped it last night, but while laying in bed trying to get to sleep I thought of the primas and 'bling' idea...and couldn't resist giving it a shot...it's not like it's permanent ;) (the glue will dry clear....again with the lack of patience thing ;) )
I have been feeling VERY 'projecty' the past few days!! I have gotten a lot of trim painted that we have been putting off since we moved in (should have followed the "never move in to an unfinished house or it will never be finished" saying...but circumstances at the time....oh well). I also FINALLY painted the inside of the outside doors...no more grey primed doors for me! And since whenever I tell people I painted them black....they say "BLACK!!!!???" I added a pic for illustration purposes... See...it looks great...AND won't always be all grimey from the grimey males in this house is it would if it were white!!

I also painted our pantry door with chalkboard paint. LOVES IT!! The kids are loving it ...and I love it too because at the top I made a cute "Today's menu" thing at the top where the kids can't reach to draw anyway. Now I won't hear "What's for supper?" 800 times a day ;)
Today's project is to clean ...clean...clean!!! We are having some old friends over tonight that hacen't seen the house yet...so I'm sure they'll want the full tour...YIKES!! Better get to it ;) Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Becky said...

WOW! Love it all especiallly the chalk paint for the door!

Anonymous said...

I l-o-v-e it!! It looks great. I'm not so sure about the chalkboard paint, but it's a fun thing. The black doors look just fine and the vines & flowers top it off perfectly. Love, MOM

Nicole said...

You did a great job with the doors! That's actually a pretty fabulous idea to add the primas and bling. I love it and when I have a scraproom someday, I will do the exact same thing!!